SAFe Scrum Master Live Online
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe 5 Scrum Master exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM).
SAFe® Scrum Master training course is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is as an online, freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for large numbers of Agile teams. Scalable and configurable, SAFe allows each organization to adapt it to its own business needs. It supports smaller-scale solutions employing 50–125 practitioners, as well as complex systems that require thousands of people.
A SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) is a team-based servant leader who helps teams self-organize, self-manage, and deliver value via effective Agile practices. The Scrum Master supports and coaches the Scrum process and other processes that the team has agreed upon. The Scrum Master also helps the team coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Train (ART) and communicates status to management as needed.
Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees of the course will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and achieve certification for SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM).
- Prepare for SAFe 5 Scrum Master Exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM)
- Use Scrum and Kanban to facilitate team events
- Support program execution
- Coach Agile teams
Price of the course includes:
- Delivery of two-day SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) training course conducted live online by a experienced trainer certified by Scaled Agile, Inc., provider of SAFe®
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam (SAFe 5 Scrum Master Exam)
- Modern online training platform
- Attendee workbook licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc. (PDF)
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
- Course certificate of completion
- SAFe 5 Scrum Master certification upon passing of exam
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Multimedia presentations, group exercises and discussion, practical workshops, case study and online practice tests.
Licensing of the SAFe® training course:
SAFe® Scrum Master training course offered by Architecture Center Ltd is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement and complies with the requirements for Scaled Agile, Inc. Courseware License Agreement.
Architecture Center Ltd is a Partner of Scaled Agile, Inc.. Agile Center is a brand of Architecture Center Ltd.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
Training materials are based on SAFe® Courseware licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc..
This training course is offered live online (instructor-led) in the following locations:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
For all upcoming terms see course calendar.
Net price per person:
The training course net price per person includes the web-based exam available within the SAFe Community Platform. The applicable price is shown in the course calendar and depends on the course location.
Check the course price in the course calendar.
To obtain the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certificate, it is necessary to obtain a positive result on the SAFe 5 Scrum Master exam.
Detailed information about the SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
It is mandatory to purchase the training course including the certification exam.
A certified SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) is a SAFe Scrum Master professional responsible for integrating Scrum practices into an organization. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM).
The first step toward becoming an SSM is to attend the SAFe Scrum Master course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge:
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Experience working in a Lean-Agile environment
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Scrum Master course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials:
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample test – Download questions
What you get:
Becoming a certified SAFe 5 Scrum Master requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many Scrum Masters. Certification includes:
- SAFe Scrum Master PDF certificate
- A SAFe 5 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Learn more about the benefits od SAFe community membership.
- Renewal fee: 100 USD
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
We Grow SAFe® Experts
Why to choose Advised Skills and take part in SAFe® course? Scaled Agile Framework® is the most prominent and reliable Lean-Agile scaling method in the world.
We pay close attention to build positive learning environment for you
We really do care about the details. Positive and efficient learning environments are key to our attendees' success in preparation to SAFe® exam. We aim to create a comfortable conditions for learning that optimise the ability of attendees to learn:
- Climate of safety and open authentic conversation
- Modern online training platform, classes conducted live by qualified instructors
- Seasoned, certified and experienced instructor team
- Well-structured and compelling schemes that translate into high exam scores
- Licensed training materials and many interactive online exercises