SAFe Release Train Engineer Live Online
This course will let you explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching. Attending the class prepares you to take the SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer Exam exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
SAFe® Release Train Engineer training course is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is as an online, freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for large numbers of Agile teams. Scalable and configurable, SAFe allows each organization to adapt it to its own business needs. It supports smaller-scale solutions employing 50–125 practitioners, as well as complex systems that require thousands of people.
A SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) facilitates Agile Release Train processes and value execution. The RTE escalates impediments, manages risk, helps assure value delivery, and drives continuous improvement. An RTE participates in the Lean-Agile transformation by coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. The RTE helps adapt SAFe to the organization, including standardizing and documenting practices.
During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primarily enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and achieve certification for SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
- Prepare for SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer Exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies
- Lead program execution
- Coach Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Agile Teams in relentless improvement of value delivery
- Create transparency using metrics to initiate and drive positive change
- Facilitate resolution of dependencies, impediments and risks
Price of the course includes:
- Delivery of three-day SAFe® Release Train Engineer training course conducted live online by a experienced trainer certified by Scaled Agile, Inc., provider of SAFe®
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam (SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer Exam)
- Modern online training platform
- Attendee workbook licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc. (PDF)
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
- Course certificate of completion
- SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer certification upon passing of exam
The following prerequisites are recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
Multimedia presentations, group exercises and discussion, practical workshops, case study and online practice tests.
Licensing of the SAFe® training course:
SAFe® Release Train Engineer training course offered by Architecture Center Ltd is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement and complies with the requirements for Scaled Agile, Inc. Courseware License Agreement.
Architecture Center Ltd is a Partner of Scaled Agile, Inc.. Agile Center is a brand of Architecture Center Ltd.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
To perform the role of a SAFe Release Train Engineer, attendees should be able to:
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Exploring the RTE Role and Responsibilities
- Applying SAFe Principles
- Organizing the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
Training materials are based on SAFe® Courseware licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc..
This training course is offered live online (instructor-led) in the following locations:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
For all upcoming terms see course calendar.
Net price per person:
The training course net price per person includes the web-based exam available within the SAFe Community Platform. The applicable price is shown in the course calendar and depends on the course location.
Check the course price in the course calendar.
To obtain the SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) certificate, it is necessary to obtain a positive result on the SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer exam.
Detailed information about the SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
It is mandatory to purchase the training course including the certification exam.
A Certified Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe) program servant leader and coaching professional responsible for driving end-to-end delivery of value in a single program or Value Stream in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
The first step toward becoming a SAFe Certified Professional is to attend the SAFe Release Train Engineer course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam. A complete list of courses, including dates and locations, is on the Scaled Agile, Inc. website.
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge:
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the SAFe® 5 Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Cross-team communication skills
- Full use of SAFe Principles in action
- Coach Agile and SAFe facilitation and lead by example
- Launch or participate in at least one ART and one Program Increment (PI)
- Working knowledge of team dynamics
- Ability to manage stakeholders
- Minimum 3 months of real-world, hands-on experience as an RTE
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
- Exam name: SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice, multiple response
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe Release Train Engineer course.
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score – 44 out of 60 (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials:
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample test – Download questions
What you get:
Becoming a SAFe 5 Certified Release Train Engineer requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified Release Train Engineer PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified Release Train Engineer digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the RTE Community of Practice
- A SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Learn more about the benefits od SAFe community membership.
- Renewal fee: 295 USD
- Renewal fee for the RTE certification is included in SPC renewal (if your SPC certification is up-to-date)
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
We Grow SAFe® Experts
Why to choose Advised Skills and take part in SAFe® course? Scaled Agile Framework® is the most prominent and reliable Lean-Agile scaling method in the world.
We pay close attention to build positive learning environment for you
We really do care about the details. Positive and efficient learning environments are key to our attendees' success in preparation to SAFe® exam. We aim to create a comfortable conditions for learning that optimise the ability of attendees to learn:
- Climate of safety and open authentic conversation
- Modern online training platform, classes conducted live by qualified instructors
- Seasoned, certified and experienced instructor team
- Well-structured and compelling schemes that translate into high exam scores
- Licensed training materials and many interactive online exercises