SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager Live Online
This course will let you develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs. Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager training course is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement.
The Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) helps businesses address the significant challenges of developing and delivering enterprise-class software and systems in the shortest sustainable lead time. It is as an online, freely revealed knowledge base of proven success patterns for implementing Lean-Agile software and systems at enterprise scale.
SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery for large numbers of Agile teams. Scalable and configurable, SAFe allows each organization to adapt it to its own business needs. It supports smaller-scale solutions employing 50–125 practitioners, as well as complex systems that require thousands of people.
A SAFe Product Owner (PO) serves as the customer proxy for the team and works with Product Management and other stakeholders—including other Product Owners—to define and prioritize stories in the Team Backlog so that the system or solution effectively addresses program priorities while maintaining the technical integrity of the features or components the team is responsible for creating. The PO has a significant role in quality and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done.
A SAFe Product Manager (PM) serves as the internal voice of the customer for the Agile Release Train (ART) and works with Product Owners to continually develop and communicate the customer vision to the development teams. The Product Manager provides an economically prioritized backlog for the ART, defines the features of the system to ensure that the solution meets relevant standards and other system quality requirements, and participates in the validation of the proposed feature benefit hypotheses.
During this two-day course, attendees of SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
- Prepare for SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)
- Apply Lean-Agile Mindset and SAFe Principles and practices
- Identify customer needs
- Write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and Stories
- Prioritize work to deliver value to the enterprise
Price of the course includes:
- Delivery of two-day SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager training course conducted live online by a experienced trainer certified by Scaled Agile, Inc., provider of SAFe®
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam (SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam)
- Modern online training platform
- Attendee workbook licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc. (PDF)
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, with access to members-only resources such as webinars, workbooks, guidance presentations, and advance notice of upcoming SAFe products
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
- Course certificate of completion
- SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager certification upon passing of exam
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Multimedia presentations, group exercises and discussion, practical workshops, case study and online practice tests.
Licensing of the SAFe® training course:
SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager training course offered by Architecture Center Ltd is provided under Scaled Agile, Inc. Partner Program Agreement and complies with the requirements for Scaled Agile, Inc. Courseware License Agreement.
Architecture Center Ltd is a Partner of Scaled Agile, Inc.. Agile Center is a brand of Architecture Center Ltd.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers
- Product Line Managers
- Product Owners
- Business Owners
- Business Analysts
- Solution Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Program Managers
- PMO personnel
- Process Leads
- Enterprise Architects
- Solution Architects
- System Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
Training materials are based on SAFe® Courseware licensed by Scaled Agile, Inc..
This training course is offered live online (instructor-led) in the following locations:
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
For all upcoming terms see course calendar.
Net price per person:
The training course net price per person includes the web-based exam available within the SAFe Community Platform. The applicable price is shown in the course calendar and depends on the course location.
Check the course price in the course calendar.
To obtain the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certificate, it is necessary to obtain a positive result on the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager exam.
Detailed information about the SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
It is mandatory to purchase the training course including the certification exam.
A certified SAFe Certified Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) is a SAFe professional who works with customers and development organizations to identify and write requirements.
The first step toward becoming a SAFe Certified Professional is to attend the SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
Exam prerequisite skills or knowledge:
These skills and knowledge are highly recommended to successfully pass the SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Experience in Agile
- Experience in Lean
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
- Exam name: SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice , multiple response
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access to the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of your SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager course.
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions: 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (77%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam study materials:
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam,* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample test – Download questions
What you get:
Becoming a SAFe 5 Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager PDF certificate
- A SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe certified professionals
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Learn more about the benefits od SAFe community membership.
- Renewal fee: 100 USD
More detailed information about SAFe examination you can find at Scaled Agile website.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.
We Grow SAFe® Experts
Why to choose Advised Skills and take part in SAFe® course? Scaled Agile Framework® is the most prominent and reliable Lean-Agile scaling method in the world.
We pay close attention to build positive learning environment for you
We really do care about the details. Positive and efficient learning environments are key to our attendees' success in preparation to SAFe® exam. We aim to create a comfortable conditions for learning that optimise the ability of attendees to learn:
- Climate of safety and open authentic conversation
- Modern online training platform, classes conducted live by qualified instructors
- Seasoned, certified and experienced instructor team
- Well-structured and compelling schemes that translate into high exam scores
- Licensed training materials and many interactive online exercises